We Can Help Restore Your Property Following Disaster
We Can Help Restore Your Property Following Disaster | SERVPRO® of North Kenosha County - SERVPRO OF NORTH KENOSHA COUNTY Blog
We take pride in the fact that when disaster strikes, we can get there quickly, but there is another reason why SERVPRO should be one of your first calls if you are faced with a disaster.
Our highly trained technicians have a “restore first” mentality when it comes to your property, which benefits from the use of the latest equipment and cleaning techniques. This mentality also helps reduce the inconvenience to your life and makes it possible for your home to get back to pre-fire condition quickly.
Figuring out who you should call first after a fire has damaged your property can be a major stressor, but that’s why you need us. Contact us and know that our team will leap into action right away to service your cleanup and restoration needs.
Our team will develop a unique plan, tailored to your needs, because every fire damage event is different. However, the general process will remain the same.
Here are the steps that are included in our process:
1. Emergency contact. After contacting us, you’ll be able to detail the fire damage situation to us through a series of questions. By answering these questions, we’re able to make sure the team is sent out with the equipment and resources needed for the job.
2. Inspection and assessment. Once our team reaches your home or business, they’ll get to work on inspecting the damage. They will inspect and test adjoining rooms of the property to determine the extent of damage from the fire, which includes smoke and soot damage. This assessment helps us know what plan to take moving forward.
3. Immediate board-up and roof-tarp service. Part of the moving forward process includes making sure your property is secure and not at risk for further damage. This is accomplished by boarding up missing windows and walls and placing a tarp on damaged roofs that were damaged or destabilized during the fire.
4. Water removal and drying. This is an “as needed” step, but when a fire occurs and is extinguished, water damage is usually present. We start by removing water and then make use of dehumidifiers and air movers. This makes sure remaining water is handled and aids in the drying process.
5. Removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces. The smoke and soot from a fire can wreak havoc on your ceilings, walls and other surfaces. Due to this, we bring in our specialized equipment and techniques to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
6. Restoration. Our final step in the process involves making sure your property is back to its pre-fire condition. The restoration needed can include minor repairs like drywall replacement, paint jobs and new carpet installation, or it could require major reconstruction of the damaged areas.
Remember, if you need us, we’ll be there—no matter the time or day. The team of highly trained restoration experts at SERVPRO® of North Kenosha County is available for emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.