North Kenosha Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Soot from even a small fire can cause pervasive odor damage in your home or business.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke; wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of North Kenosha will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke - Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke - Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue - Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today at 262-764-7231.
MOLD Damage In your Home or Business?
Extensive mold growth in a North Kenosha home
Kenosha County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Kenosha County at 262-764-7231 for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don't touch or disturb the mold.
- Don't blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don't attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of North Kenosha County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it's a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today 262-764-7231.
When Storms or Floods hit SERVPRO of North Kenosha County is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in North Kenosha County.
SERVPRO of North Kenosha County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Kenosha County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 262-764-7231
Water Loss-Veterinary Clinic in Kenosha
SERVPRO of North Kenosha County provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Kenosha and all of Southeastern WI.
Sample Blog Posts
Faster to your Kenosha Water Damage Event
Category: Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of North Kenosha County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of North Kenosha County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 262-764-7231
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of North Kenosha County
SERVPRO of North Kenosha County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Large house fire in Racine
Outside of Racine house
A 90 minute blaze unfortunately took out an entire second story of this beautiful house in Racine. The homeowners and their dogs were luckily not injured in this massive fire. The homeowners, local business owners, were absolutely devastated. We were called in the following day to start working on their house. We had to first board it up and tarp the roof to make sure no more damage could come to this beautiful estate. We then started cleaning up all the damage. We quickly realized that the house unfortunately was to badly damaged by the fire departments water to save any of the interior. We then began a full demo. Currently we have finished with the demo of the house and is down to the framing. Our friends at Elcano Construction are working with the homeowners to get this house back to its previous glory. When they are done it will look "like it never even happened."
Extreme Mold Growth in Racine
Mold in Racine
When we got the call back in April for possible sump pump failure we quickly dispatched a crew to extract the water and start the drying process. A fairly normal call to receive in the rainy season. However when our mitigation manager Alex arrived first he quickly realized this was not a sump pump failure, actually this was not the normal water damage job by any means. He quickly called the rest of the crews to arrive immediately. The house was completely drenched with walls and ceilings hanging on by a thread. There was about a foot of water in the basement and another 3 inches on each the first and second floor. The water has been running for months without anyone noticing. The family was on a winter vacation and had never turned their water off. Later on it was found out to be a few broken water pipes due to freezing. This house unfortunately had well water so the city had no idea there was an excess ussage and the well water also fed mold growth with the extra minerals in the water. The water also acted as a heat source (think geothermal heat) after the furnace stopped working. Unfortunately this was about as bad as it gets for mold and water damage. We were able to dry out the frame of the house and mitigate the mold on all the framing as well. Next up is rebuilding it to its former beauty.